Sunday, January 30, 2011

Out of the Mouths of Miles and Eli.....

Today at church we were sitting next to the missionaries. They had an investigator come in a little late and sat down right by us. The investigator was pretty overweight and before I new it Miles said in a not so quiet whisper, "Mom, she ate too many cookies but I won't call her fat" (Miles and I have had the discussion about how we treat everyone kind and we never say mean things that would hurt other people's feelings).

Then Eli chimes in and says, "Don't eat my crackers" as he pulls them closer to his body to protect them.

I WAS MORTIFIED!! I'm still hoping she didn't hear, but that's not likely. I tried to pull out their cars and books as fast as I could before they could say anything else.

A few days ago we were going around our neighborhood on our bikes. There is always this guy standing in his driveway smoking a big fat cigar. As Miles rode by he said to him, "You should really listen to Jesus more often." The man just said, "Um, OK" and I just waived and smiled.

What's a mom to do:)

5 comments:

Barbara Hurst said...

Ya gotta love em! Hope John's ribs are ok. Time to get rid of that bike. I am counting down the days. love you guys!

Rookie Blog said...

Love it. One day in JoAnn. Rook said, "That's the biggest person I've ever seen mom". Not quietly. I looked around and saw a man in overalls and we ran the other way.

Rich and Natalie said...

haha!! so funny! I've been thankful many a time that sometimes other people can't understand what the kids were saying. Once in Michaels Jack say a lady in a sundress (that didn't involve very much fabric) and he kept screaming "Nakie!" I read your post to Jack and he thought he was great.

Steve and Donna said...

too funny- one of my kids did that in the grocery line one time- Mom- why is she so fat?

Andrea Johnson said...

I needed this laugh! Keep up the good work!