Sunday, July 29, 2007

This was my first 10k and I loved it!!! I finished it in 1 hour 1 min 29 seconds (avg 9:54/mile). I was pretty sore the next day seeing that I didn't train for this or work my way up to six miles. Running with the mp3 player and the down hill parts really helped. Some friends of mine found a marathon relay. You put together teams of 5 and run a marathon. It's in Sept at Thanksgiving point and I'm looking forward to participating in that.
Miles at the Days of '47 rodeo. He watched it for about 20 min and then decided he needed to crawl around. Good thing we were in a suite that night (courtesy of Plaza cycle) so there was a place for him to hang out.
Miles and dad hanging out in the suite.
This was as we were leaving the Bar-B-Que at grandma and grandpa Hurst's house. Mom needed a little fuel to keep her going seeing that she had been up since 4:30 am. Dad and Miles were also up early. They met me at the finish line at Liberty park. They got there about 6:30 am to see me run in. It was a long but wonderful day.


1 comment:

MariePhotographie said...

WOW, Wendy! I didn't know you ran a 10K!! That's amazing! I love your site and your long hair, even though I know you just chopped it. Anyway, just wanted to tell you that the Watson Website is looking great. ;)