Thursday, September 30, 2010

Funny Things From Miles

As I said in my earlier post, Miles says some really funny and creative things. Here are a couple:

Yesterday in pre-school we talked about weather, mostly about wind. I bought the boys a little wind chime (They were 50 cents at Michael's, I couldn't pass them up). Miles started ringing his wind chime and said, "Mom, every time you are not paying attention to me, I am going to ring this wind chime and that will let you know you need to pay attention to me." Although this was initially funny coming out of his mouth, it's really not so funny because he is REALLY demanding. I guess I should be grateful that he can at least verbalize it with words instead of just screaming and doing bad things all the time. Oh wait, he does that too. (OK, maybe I should have passed up the wind chimes:)

Miles also like to change his clothes....a lot... 3 times a day or more. Laundry is killing me. I've really been trying to crack down on him when it comes to changing his clothes all the time. A couple days ago I went into his room after his quiet time and he had changed his clothes. He was wearing his Superman outfit and there were clothes all over the floor. "Miles, what have you done?" I asked. His reply, "Mom I'm playing Superman and I have to change my clothes because when Superman is in Chicago he wears one thing, and then when he's in Japan he has to change into something else. He can't wear the same thing in Chicago as he wears in Japan." How could I argue with that??

5 comments:

Steve and Donna said...

Hmm... this clothes changing thing could become a problem (hah)

Andrea Johnson said...

I miss you guys!

Kandis Mortensen said...

I can't believe it took me so long to enjoy these last two posts! Miles is officially the 'big brother'--just wait until he's 5 going on 35:) We miss you guys like CRAZY and I so love hear about how those boys I love are growing...

Barbara Hurst said...

Love you guys, only 54 mores days until I can hear these things on my own.

Camille said...

Hey Wendy!! It's Camille :) I found your blog off of Rich & Natalie's. Natalie's Parents are our good friends and our daughters play soccer together. Anyways your boys are darling and so so cute. I loved reading about your kids, the changing of outfits and laundry sounds so familiar! You look great as always! I hope you don't mind me checking in on you more now that I found you! I have a blog too but it's private so if you want to see just email me at camilleeaston(at)gmail(dot)com and i will send you an invite. it will be so great to be back in touch!! xoxo- camille